14 July 2020
Josh (@starbuxman) has (officially) been a Spring Developer Advocate since 2010. Josh is a Java Champion, a Kotlin Google Developer Expert,
author of 6 books (including O’Reilly’s [Cloud Native Java: Designing Resilient Systems with Spring Boot](https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Native-Java-Designing-Resilient/dp/1449374646, Spring Cloud, and Cloud Foundry) and the upcoming Reactive Spring) and numerous best-selling video trainings (including Building Microservices with Spring Boot Livelessons with Spring Boot co-founder Phil Webb), and an open-source contributor (Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud, Activiti and Vaadin), a podcaster (A Bootiful Podcast) and a screencaster.
I've done a lot of different talks, but you might be interested in the following:
- Getting Started with Spring Boot This older talk looks at how to get started with Spring Boot.
- Cloud Native Java. This older talk looks at using Spring Cloud to build microservices.
- This is a longer look at reactive programming with Spring, Reactive Spring, that was filmed at the first WAES Tech Event in the Netherlands.
- A more up-to-date, but shorter, look at Reactive programming with Spring called The Reactive Revolution, this one from the YOW! conference circuit in various cities in Australia
- I look at test-driven development and testing in general with this video from Devoxx 2019
I've done a number of Livelessons training videos you might be interested in over on Safari.
I've written six books including O'Reilly's Cloud Native Java (all about getting to production faster with microservices with Spring and Cloud Foundry) and Reactive Spring.
I might be speaking in a town near you! Or, I might be speaking virtually. Either way, I hope you'll join me at some of the following public events.
- 2020-09-26 - This Serbian conference - ITkonekt - is now going to be online
- 2020-09-23 - InfoShare is the largest tech conferene in CEE and it's now streaming
- 2020-09-21 - I'll be speaking at the (now virtual) Chicago Cloud Conf again this year.
- 2020-09-12 - This Turkish event is now online, and I wholely encourage you to participate if you can.
- 2020-09-10 - This KotlinConf may be turned into a virtual event. Either way, I hope to see you there.
- 2020-09-02 - This J4K (Java and Kubernetes - what else do you need?) is going to be a ton of fun online, and I hope to see you there.
- 2020-08-31 - It's SpringOne! Online! And FREE! Do NOT miss this. I'll be there, but so will tons of other folks.
- 2020-08-26 - I'm looking forward to being a part of this upcoming Java 25 mini-conference for the Dublin JUG. I hope to see you there.
- 2020-08-13 - I'll be doing a 2 day workshop at the epic YOW! event on Cloud Native Java.
- 2020-07-22 - I'll be speaking at the upcoming SpringOne Tour event at the Reactive Spring event
- 2020-07-14 - I'll be speaking at the London Java Community Meetup about Kotlin.
- 2020-04-21 - On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, I'll be speaking on "Reactive Spring" at the javaBin Online meetup and I hope to see you there!
I run a podcast called A Bootiful Podcast. It's also on Twitter (@BootifulPodcast). Here are the episodes.
- (2020-08-07) 10 Years on the Spring team and JFrog's Baruch Sag
- (2020-07-30) Josh Lock on supply chain security, Docker trust, TUF, and more
- (2020-07-24) Spring Data lead Mark Paluch
- (2020-07-17) Intuit's Katie Levy on Spring Boot, Kotlin, Android and more
- (2020-07-10) Spring Data JDBC co-founder on JDBC, JPA and domain driven design
- (2020-07-03) Dr. Yordan Karadzhov on instrumenting and visualizing the Linux Kernel
- (2020-06-25) VMware Principal Engineer and Tanzu Wavefront co-founder Clement Pang
- (2020-06-19) Nisha Kumar and Rose Judge on the Linux Foundation's Tern
- (2020-06-11) Kubernetes guru Paul Czarkowski
- (2020-06-05) Kubernetes contributor and Kubernetes Release SIG Chair Tim Pepper
- (2020-05-28) A Bootiful Podcast: Dr. Malini Bhandaru on EdgeX and the opportunities for developers in the IoT space
- (2020-05-21) Jenkins founder and Launchable founder Kohsuke Kawaguchi
- (2020-05-14) VMWare COO Sanjay Poonen
- (2020-05-07) Spring and Java community member Eddú Meléndez about working in open-source, his journey to Spring and its community, contributing to Spring and more.
- (2020-05-01) Adrian Cole, founder or co-founder of Feign, JClouds, and Spring Cloud Sleuth and major contributor to OpenZipkin
- (2020-04-24) Linux Kernel hacker and Real Time patch founder Steve Rostedt on how the kernel sees our busy Spring applications
- (2020-04-17) Jetbrains developer advocacy head and Kotlin rockstar Hadi Hariri
- (2020-04-10) Microsoft's Kushagra Thapar on Spring Data CosmosDB
- (2020-04-03) Kubernetes co-creator Joe Beda
- (2020-03-27) Apache Groovy, Testcontainers, and Reactor committer Sergei Egorov
- (2020-03-20) The Smile-Inducing and Brilliant Glenn Renfro
- (2020-03-12) John Hawley on OSS at VMWare, Python, Security, and more. Plus: Announcing Spring Live!
- (2020-03-06) Spring I/O organizer and Spring trainer extraordinairre Sergi Almar
- (2020-02-28) Spring Cloud Contract lead Marcin Grzejszczak on Spring Cloud Contract, Spring Cloud Sleuth, Continuous Integration and more
- (2020-02-21) Building China Scale Infrastructure at Alibaba with Spring Cloud, RSocket, and more
- (2020-02-13) Vedran Pavic on Spring Session, Croatia, and so much more
- (2020-02-07) Oleg Šelajev on ZeroTurnaround, GraalVM, the vJUG and so much more
- (2020-01-30) "The Phoenix Project" author Gene Kim
- (2020-01-23) Neo4j's mad scientist Michael Hunger on graphs, databases and relationships
- (2020-01-16) Spring Cloud Services teammate Bella (Yuxin) Bai
- (2020-01-09) Pivotal Labs Sydney director David Julia
- (2020-01-03) The Good Dr. Dave Syer
- (2019-12-26) Microsoft's Jialin Dai on Spring for Azure
- (2019-12-20) Reactor team Simon Baslé
- (2019-12-12) I need to talk about my father, Clark "Bud" Long, who just passed away
- (2019-12-05) Pivotal's Katrina Bakas on Pivotal Healthwatch, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry and more
- (2019-11-28) Spring Tools lead Martin Lippert
- (2019-11-21) Spring Security engineer Ria Stein
- (2019-11-15) RedHat / IBM's Sébastien Blanc on OAuth, KeyCloak, the French riviera, and more
- (2019-11-07) Michael Simons on Spring Boot, reactive Spring Data Neo4j, and more
- (2019-10-31) Hibernate community legend Vlad Mihalcea on the project, Hibernate, databases and more
- (2019-10-24) Apache Tomcat, Netty and Spring Framework contributor Violeta Georgieva
- (2019-10-18) Bytebuddy and Mockito maestro Rafael Winterhalter
- (2019-10-10) Spring mad scientist Andy Clement on AspectJ, SpEL, Eclipse, Graal and more
- (2019-10-04) Oracle's Geertjan Wielenga on his new book "Developer, Advocate!"
- (2019-09-26) Java Champion and Jetbrains Developer Advocate Mala Gupta
- (2019-09-19) Nicolai Parlog on Java modularity
- (2019-09-12) Spring Framework co-founder and lead Juergen Hoeller on Spring Framework 5.2 and more
- (2019-09-06) Spring Integration lead Gary Russell on Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spring Integration and more
- (2019-08-29) Spring Cloud Data Flow legend Ilayaperumal Gopinathan
- (2019-08-23) James Ward, Matt Raible, and Ryan Knight
- (2019-08-15) Spring teammate Brian Clozel on new features in Spring 5.2 and Spring Boot 2.2
- (2019-08-08) Devops luminary and all around great guy John Willis
- (2019-08-01) Gradle Developer Advocate Jenn Strater
- (2019-07-26) Spring team legend Oliver Drotbohm on Spring Data, HATEOAS, Hypermedia, and more
- (2019-07-19) Azul CTO Gil Tene on JVMs, Garbage Collection, Performance and so much More
- (2019-07-12) "Mr. REST" Mike Amundsen on APIs, Microservices, HTTP and more
- (2019-07-04) Dr. Venkat Subramaniam on Kotlin, Java, Spring, open-source, being productive, and so much more
- (2019-06-27) Datadog's Jason Yee on observability, operations, metrics, Kubernetes, language and more
- (2019-06-21) IBM's Pratik Patel on function-as-a-service, Spring Cloud Function, Spring, Java and Devnexus
- (2019-06-13) Pivotal SVP Ian Andrews on our customers, new announcements, Kubernetes, and more
- (2019-06-06) Spring Cloud lead Spencer Gibb
- (2019-05-30) Go-lang and Kubernetes legend Verónica Lopez
- (2019-05-24) Twitter's Chris Thalinger on Java, Graal, JVMs, JITs, Sao Paolo, Hawaii, and more
- (2019-05-16) Nicolas Frankel on application security, integration testing, Kotlin and more
- (2019-05-09) Kotlin team engineer Roman Elisarov
- (2019-05-03) Spring Cloud Engineer Olga Maciaszek-Sharma
- (2019-04-25) Spring Batch and Spring Cloud Task lead Michael Minella
- (2019-04-18) Pivotal Field CTO and OG Cloud Native Matt Stine on Architecture
- (2019-04-11) Rabobank's Roy Braam
- (2019-04-04) Kylie Liang and Theresa Nguyen on Microsoft's Java and Spring integrations
- (2019-03-28) Josh Mckenty - "Better Josh" - on data sovereignty, Python, the cloud, Pivotal, and more
- (2019-03-21) CQRS with AxonIQ's Steven van Beelen and Pivotal's Ben Wilcock
- (2019-03-14) Joe Grandja on Spring Security 5's OAuth Support
- (2019-03-07) Matt Raible and James Ward at Devnexus 2019
- (2019-02-28) Reactor project lead Stéphane Maldini
- (2019-02-21) Pivotal Application Platform Security Senior Manager Sree Tummidi
- (2019-02-14) Spring Contributor and "Learning Spring Boot 2.0" author Greg Turnquist
- (2019-02-07) Codota's Dror Weiss
- (2019-01-31) Spring Cloud Stream lead Oleg Zhurakousky
- (2019-01-25) Spring Boot engineer Madhura Bhave
- (2019-01-16) Google Developer Advocate Ray Tsang
- (2018-12-20) Jon Schneider on his project metrics collection facade Micrometer
- (2018-10-10) Pivotal's Senior Director of Technology Cornelia Davis
I run a screencast called Spring Tips. It's also on Twitter (@SpringTipsLive). Here are the episodes.